Thursday, April 13, 2006

Wonderfulness of it all...

My roommate is so cute. That's her in the picture. This Texas girl was ecstatic to find herself face to face with an original Texan himself, President Bush earlier this week when he stopped here in DSM. "We talked about Texas!" Of course they did!...

I highly recommend trying a Vanilla & Raspberry Italian Cream Soda. It's quite refreshing on a warm sunny afternoon.

While doing some reading at Drake's student union the other day, I met this kid that we'll call, John. John is an international student from Kenya studying Actuary Science... and I got to tell him about Jesus. He had never heard of Adam and Eve. He had never heard of the Trinity. He had never heard that Jesus was sent to this earth to die for us. He had never heard... of Jesus Christ. He poured out question after question after question... it was incredible. Though he remains interested, he "wants to hear more, but only for the history aspect of it", I wouldn't be surprised if in the [near] future the LORD knocks his socks off. I pray for John.

I just found out that "Des Moines" means "The Monks" in French. Really shows how 6 years of French did me any good...

I'm finally beginning to get a grasp on the ministries that the LORD wants me to serve in. My plate was beginning fill up. It's weird, offer after offer after offer were being presented to me, asking me to play a key role in some rather large organizations/ministries. I'm still unsure of why the sudden push and determination from these people to get me on board, but I'm beginning to see that is has to be God. He wants to do big things through me, and I'm ready to take that! I hope you are too... because He wants to do big things through YOU as well.

It's 84 degrees out right now... it's time for this girl to go put on a skirt, head outside, and dig into a fabulous book; while sipping down a Grande Mocha Mint Frappe from the G's. Enjoy the weather friends!!

The prettiest girls in the world live in Des Moines. - Jack Kerouac

No comments: