Saturday, March 25, 2006

thoughts [for now]

First might I say that this picture is probably one of the most frightening things I have EVER seen. I get the heebie-jeebies just looking at it! Icchh!

While hangin' out in Colorado, I ran into some Iowa folk. It was refreshing. A couple who teach at a college in northeast Iowa, a dude who is looking to go to law school at Drake, and a brother and sister who reside in Indianola. For the first time, I actually felt that Des Moines, Iowa was my home. Meeting these people opened my eyes to how much I truly do love DSM.

A friend of mine wrote this in her blog recently:
I was distracted as I was driving that morning. Was focused on gardens - personal ones, spiritually speaking. A great friend shared an incredible vision she had about one of life's situations. We each have a garden and we chose to whom we give keys away. Sometimes a garden is cared for: the ground tilled, the soil watered, vegetation blossoming, fruit producing. Then darkness enters and keys start getting thrown around to whoever will grab them. When that happens, people trample the land. The lush vegetation starts to die off and blacken. Those with keys enter not because they want to water the land or till the soil or care for the crop, they enter because they want to steal the fruit, they want to look at others on the outside watching and wave and smile and snicker that they got on the inside. There's no care involved... just trampling and stealing... selfishness and death. The deeper this realization sits in me the heavier my heart becomes. One thing I ask is that my future husband loves and respects me enough even now that he protects his garden from that ugliness that hovers all around so freely... even in places we think are safe, especially in places we think are safe. That seems to be where it pops up with the most vigor. It's a non-negotiable for me. Guard the crop. It's not for everyone's taking... no matter how easy and fulfilling it is in the temporary.
Thanks K, I needed to be reminded of that. Let it soak in folks...

There is an Afghan man on trial for converting from Islam to Christianity. One of my favorite quotes in the article reads: "We will invite him again because the religion of Islam is one of tolerance. We will ask him if he has changed his mind. If so we will forgive him," the judge told the BBC on Monday." ...Sounds like a religion I'd want to be a part of... (that was a but of sarcasm if you didn't catch it)... sadly, that is exactly how christians come across.

I'm ready for spring. The Lord placed spring to occur right after winter for a reason... rebirth and healing are coming. And I'm ready. He has beautiful things in store for you; for all of us. Get ready because HE is about to rock your world with everything new. A new attitude, a new heart, a new desire for Him... a new life. Let the Maker work with the [stunning] clay that you are.

Unfortunately, two days ago I took a pretty nasty fall while snowboarding out in the Rockies. Very similar to a fall I took five years ago... yet this time a concussion was added to the spinal contusion, slipped discs, and strains/sprains all throughout my back muscles. I've had a headache for 72 hours straight, and it feels as if my left eye is going to pop right out of it's socket. So basically, I hurt... a lot. The meds I was given do help, but soon after I take them I take a little trip to kookoo land for a few hours. I've never done drugs, but I think that the way I feel with my medication is probably similar to what it would be like if I was on hard drugs. It's trippy... weird/creepy things have happened after taking them. Sometimes I wonder if medication really is from the devil.

Over the past couple of weeks, God has been opening a plethora of doors for me ministry-wise. It's exciting... yet at the same time I don't know what to do with it all. I want to do everything that's being offered and handed to me, but I know that I need to learn to say 'no.' I struggle with over committing myself... gotta find the balance between the Martha and the Mary.

My older sister and brother-in-law have a beautiful relationship. A good friend of mine and her fiance have a breath-taking relationship. Another friend of mine and her boyfriend have a simply stunning relationship. I have yet to experience this beauty in a relationship with a man. But I know that the Lord is preparing my heart for a relationship, and I can only pray that He is doing the same with my husband. I'm excited for Him to knock my socks off with the guy... I'm excited to give the guy love that no other woman can... I'm excited to love God with the guy walking beside me. Just thinking about being in love stirs something in my heart. We were definitely not made to be alone... incredible. HE really does have a Prince Charming or a Cinderella out there for you. As much as I want to know who he is right now, God runs on a different timeline. No timeline that is. Time doesn't exist. All He's waiting on is your heart. Oh how I wish I could watch each of your love stories unfold... beginning with the romance between you and your Maker. Now THAT my friends is beautiful.

Think about the word "freedom" for a while. Beware though... it's thick. Dig into it... I promise, you won't be disappointed.

Have you ever seen your dads heart break? I witnessed my father's heart break this morning. He found out a friend of his passed away from colon cancer. He told me, with tears in his eyes, "I tried so many times to share the Lord with him, but he wanted nothing to do with Him..." It was hard to see my dad so heart broken, but it also opened my eyes to our Father's heart. He weeps for you daily. I got to see a small piece of Yeshua in my dad this morning... talk about heart wrenching. Good reminder. Amen.

This summer myself and a few friends are planning to go spend a week out at my rents house in Palisade, Colorado. I hope it happens. Spending a week biking in the mountains, hiking through caves, sitting around a bonfire making smores, swimming in the hot springs... I love the outdoors. God created the outdoors for us to enjoy... so if it's nice out [and even if it's not], go outside right now. Go ride your bike. Go jump in a lake. Go roll around in the mud. GO enjoy what He has given to us. Even snow... enjoy it. That might be hard for some of you to do, but seriously... God knew what He was doing when He created snow. It keeps wildlife living with the moisture that seeps into the earth. So go... enjoy what lies behind your front door (even if it's not "paradise"). I say you can find paradise right in your backyard. Since God created everything, we all do in fact live in paradise.

Right now there's a group of peeps out being a light in the darkest of dark places. I pray that the Lord finds joy in their serving hearts. I ask that God open up the minds and hearts of every person that these warriors come in contact with. Oh that He would be pleased!... shake everything Father... shake it all.

And I leave you with this... remember, there's more to life then being really really ridiculously good looking.

Peace.

No comments: