Wednesday, March 29, 2006

(dis)assembled

I feel the way this picture looks.

It took me a few minutes to figure out how this dude was bent and twisted, trying to identify what limbs were his arms and what limbs were his legs. Ouch.

My snowboarding fall has really taken a toll on me. I've forgotten how much physical pain can affect a persons daily thoughts and feelings. Meidcation can only do so much. It's only been six days, but already I feel spiritually and emotionally weak... lost... exhausted.

It's been nice not going into work and skipping classes in order to rest and get some extra sleep, but... I feel... really out of it... distant would be a good word. When you find yourself in bed for insane amounts of hours, eyes glued to the tube and the inside of your eye lids, having hardly any contact with anyone, it's only normal that you feel out of the loop. And lonely.

Oi vey.

How the ["permanently"] physically broken live day to day, I don't know. God is a healer (check out some of His best healings in a little book called the Bible)... now I can see why it's a specialty of His. Physical pain really can bring darkness (in all areas of ones life - mentally, etc). But healing... that's when vision is restored.

Huh... the concept of healing... seems to be a continuous recurrence in life recently.

Spring better get here fast.

So if you would, please say a quick prayer of healing for me. Thanks friends.

No comments: