Thursday, January 12, 2006

More Weddings

Let me begin by saying congratulations to a number of my friends in their recent engagments...

Congrats Allison and Chris, Jenny and Joe, Mya and Nathan, Michael and Heather, Kristie and Bill, Mollie and Ben... and Carrie and Perry on their marriage.

Whew. That's a lot...

Almost 2 weeks ago I watched my sister and her boyfriend of 6 years finally tie the knot. It was absolutely beautiful. The last wedding I went to was for my cousin when I was in 5th grade, so this one had quite a different impact on me (plus add that fact that my older sister was the bride).

Since I was a freshman in high school, I've been lucky enough to witness one of the most God honoring relationships ever. I don't just say that because she's my sister, but I honestly have never seen a relationship quite like theirs. It's been a blessing to witness their love for one another grow, but even more so, their love for the Lord join together.

Of course, I sobbed through the whole ceremony, but it was simply stunning. God has brought them so far and because of their patience, faithfulness, and purity to one another, they are truly going to be blessed by the Father.

I haven't danced that much in a long, long time... What a celebration it was. It's amazing to celebrate the joining of two people in God's presence. I don't think I have any other words that can express the incredible beauty that marriage is.

I pray that the Lord blesses each of my friends marriages and that He remain the center of their lives as they each come together.

Sidenote: I've decided that I don't think I want a diamond for my engagement ring...

Also, see a post from a number of weeks ago about being the Bride of Christ. He loves you passionately. To think that God wants a deep intimate relationship with you and calls you His bride.

No comments: