Sunday, January 08, 2006

Be.Satisfied

As much as I say that I can't wait to be out of college, I know that when May '07 comes I'll want nothing more than to be in college all over again. It's the breaks. I absolutely love getting a whole month off during Christmas to do whatever it is I want...

Art Institute of Chicago, Iowa Stars vs. Chicago Wolves, sleep in (everyday), paint, catch up on season 4 of 24, go shopping, hang out downtown, plus add in a bachelorette party, a rehearsal dinner, and a wedding.

Even with a month of free time, I still found myself not having enough time. I haven't been satisfied with 31 days... I want 62 days...

It's funny how we live life that way. We're never satisfied. I guarantee you that if I was given a 62 days winter break, I still would be happy... I'd want 124 days off.

We're never satisfied.

Never.

Since I didn't "have enough time" this winter break, this morning I was thinking about all the things I really wanted to do but couldn't (for one reason or another). Besides being bummed out about not spending a lot of time with some of my good friends before they all left, I was super bummed that I missed out on going to
Passion this year. I had a great experience last year and would have loved to return again this year... this morning I went to the Passion 06 website to check out some pictures from the conference...

There was one picture that caught my attention. It was of a banner that they had hung up outside of the area... God taught me more from these two small words than I ever could imagine.


Be Satisfied.

Oh how my soul yearns for our world to be satisfied.

For me to be satisfied...

How beautiful are those words? How beautiful would it be to be completely and utterly 100% satisfied? Satisfied with the things we have, satisfied with the food we eat, satisfied with our friends, satisfied with our lives... satisfied because we have Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ. Shouldn't He be enough?

Oh that we would be satisfied because of Him.

No comments: