Sunday, January 29, 2006

Thinking out loud

With less than a years worth of classes left, I've decided that I don't think I want to be a teacher anymore. Yes, I'm still going to get my degree, and yes I'm still going to try and do well... but come 2007 I hope to be running towards working in ministry full time rather then taking interviews as schools. As of right now I have an a few ideas of what I would love to do, but not yet has the Lord revealed to me what direction He wants me to go in. Junior high kids? College aged? Counseling? It's all very new and exciting... and I absolutely love it! We'll see what He has for me...

The other night I spent 5 hours painting. He's really teaching me more and more about how I can incorporate my artistic abilities into worshiping Him.

I'm heading up to Minnesota this coming weekend with about 35 other people from my church to hit the slopes. I'm ready to put my board on and cruise down the mountain... mountain? Hill perhaps? I know He's given me this talent and it brings Him joy when I find joy in it. There's something about snowboarding that pulls me closer to God... and I can't quite put my finger on it.

I was asked to help lead another trip to Romania this summer. I personally would love to go... but I don't think He wants me to go...

God is teaching me so much about only being with Him. He is so jealous for my love (and yours) and He longs to have all of me (you). To know that the Man of my dreams is right here (and always has been) chasing after me, blows me away. I'm excited to see where He takes me and I'm excited to one day be with a man who looks at Christ and can't help but know that same jealous love that He has for him.

The longer I'm in Des Moines, the more I love living here.

No comments: