Friday, December 23, 2005

Bride of Christ

Weddings weddings everywhere...

it's crazy.

This time next week, I'll be all glammed up in a floor length red gown, hair done up with curls draping down, makeup on my face, diamonds around my neck, freshly painted finger nails, and 2 inch black heels thrown in some corner as I dance away celebrating the marriage of Ms. Amanda Cavender to my new brother in law, Mr. Elliot Bennett. I hope that the tears will have settled by this time.

It seems that rings are beginning to pop up on fingers left and right. And I'm not talking about people I know from a distance, but good friends. One of my roommates from last year called me last night to tell me that her boyfriend had just proposed.

That's 4 good friends now... (not including the 3 that tied the knot this past year).

Usually I would think that all this wedding talk would get me all sad because I'm not in a relationship and blah blah blah... but thankfully, that is not even close to how I'm feeling.

Thank the Lord.

Don't get me wrong, yes I do want to get married and yes, whenever I find out who that amazing man is, it's going to be simply incredible...

but all I can think about amongst this "season of weddings" is how I am (and you are) constantly being perused by the greatest Husband I (we) could ever have... by the One who calls me (you)beloved... and by the One who calls me (us) His bride. How absolutely amazing is that...?!

I get butterflies and teary eyed when I sit and try to fathom how madly in love with me (you) the Lord is.

Oh how I wish I loved Him more.

The Father has renamed us, just as in Isaiah He renamed Jerusalem:

Never again will you be called the Godforsaken City or the Desolate Land. Your new name will be the City of God's Delight and the Bride of God, for the Lord delights in you and will claim you as his own.

Wow.

I love Song of Solomon because it is a beautiful book that displays a relationship between a husband and a wife, but even more so it represents the passion and love the Father so heavily feels for you (and me). How amazing.

No one could ever love you more,

Bride of Christ.

No comments: