Friday, January 20, 2006

Beauty

I was brought to Song of Solomon chapter 4 this morning... specifically to verses 7-10.

You are so beautiful, my beloved, so perfect in every part. "Come with me from Lebanon, my bride. Come down from the top of Mount Amana, from Mount Senir and Mount Hermon, where lions have their dens and panthers prowl. You have ravished my heart, my treasure, my bride. I am overcome by one glance of your eyes, by a single bead of your necklace. How sweet is your love, my treasure, my bride! How much better it is than wine! Your perfume is more fragrant than the richest of spices.

How beautiful it is to hear these words from our Father.

How beautiful it is to know that our God whispers these words to each and every one of us!

How beautiful it is to rest in these... simply amazing words.

How beautiful.

You have ravished my heart,
my treasure,
my bride!

This small piece of poetry that we can place out hands on is only a microscopic look at the love that the Lord Jesus pours over us every second of our lives. He simply adores you!

How beautiful,
how simply beautiful.

I pray that you never lose sight of the passion that Yeshua feels for you. That you're able to taste the sweetness He pours over you. That no longer you thirst for love, but take in His whole self and sense the joy that you bring Him; that you are filled and satisfied because you have Him dwelling in you. My hope is that you see yourself the way He does every moment that He lays His eyes on you; as simply stunning. I pray that you fully understand that you are His beloved; there is no greater love than He.

How beautiful you are, my beloved

how beautiful.

No comments: