Friday, September 23, 2005

7 hours in the ER

starting at 10:30pm wed night, i began receiving horrific sharp pains on the left side of my lower back. because i do in fact have a weak back from an almost paralyzing snowboarding accident 3 1/2 years ago, i figured the pains were just my usual back pains. as the night went on, they got worse... and worse... and worse. the pain got to the point where i couldn't stand up straight and any position i put myself in (even when i was completely still) the pains only grew. after not sleeping for more than an hour that night, i made my way to the the ER at mercy hospital around 12:30pm thursday afternoon.

i was admitted at about 1:30 where right away i was handed a cup and directed to the nearest bathroom. peeing in a cup... life doesn't get much better than that. the doctor pushed, pressed, and poked the left side of my body which, did not make me a happy camper.

"look's like it's your kidney hun... we're gonna test you for a kidney infection or kidney stones. i'll have a nurse come in to take some blood."

wonderful. take blood from the girl who is terrified of needles. thankfully my roommate was there with me and graciously offered to hold my hand. yes, tears fell, but 5 vile's later it was over.

from 2:30-6:00, keely and i sat and waited for results of my tests. people go crazy while having to wait long periods of time in hospitals; i had forgotten this... yet it was entertaining. finally at 6:00 i was taken to get a CT scan and an xray of the area they were worried about...

good news: no kidney infection or kidney stones

bad news: something was found in which there is no way of fixing it (right now)

i'm currently on pain medication because that's all they can do right now. in the middle of october, i have to go in for more testing to see if things are better or to see if i need surgery.

i'm gonna be real... i'm really scared. whatever happens in october can affect my future and things that i've always wanted. i sit here almost in disbelief because it doesn't feel real. i'm trusting the Lord... i am putting my trust in HIM. i trust my Daddy, but i've never been so scared... ever.

request: pray. i'm being bold... pray for complete healing. both physical and emotional.

2 comments:

Justin Wise said...

you got it jack.

Anonymous said...

Jesus, I ask that your hands be working in mighty and powerful ways. My God, be the protector of this body and mind. Let the fear that lives within flee; let only hope reside. Be the God of healing and work a miracle Father. Amen.