Sunday, July 31, 2005

undignified

one of the most beautiful things in the world...

dancing.

i'm not talking about the whole bump & grind/club type dancing... i'm talking about real dancing. dancing and not caring. dancing in the overflowing joy one is immersed in. dancing even in times of pain. dancing and being "more undignified than this." dancing before Yeshua...

absolutely... beautiful... and, breathtaking.

let's be honest here, i'm not the greatest dancer in the world, but because i have the ability to dance, i love to. i might look ridiculous or dorky, but i know that when i dance, i bring the Father pleasure. knowing that, how could i not long to dance?... how could i not move my feet to the beat of a song?...

and David danced before the Lord with all his might... (2 samuel 6:14, NLT)

over the weekend, dancing before the Lord was spoken over me on numerous occasions. first to me by a woman down in kansas city, secondly from the Lord Himself directly to me, and thirdly this morning at church as one of my pastors spoke... and again, He has confirmed this as a key ingrediant in my life. i have been called to dance and not find it as undignified, but as being abundant before my Father.

david retorted to michal, "i was dancing before the Lord, who chose me above your father and his family! he appointed me as the leader of israel, the people of the Lord. so i am willing to act like a fool in order to show my joy in the Lord. yes, and i am willing to look even more foolish than this... (2 samuel 6:21-22, NLT)

tears of relief stream down my face knowing that i have been called and can be bold in this way. yet, witnessing others dance before Him, brings even more tears...

it's. absolutely. beautiful.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

AMEN, sister!! amen.