Friday, December 15, 2006

Nothing short of random

I read an article today entitled, "When Your Man's Best Friend Is Another Girl." I read this title and thought to myself, 'ouch.' The writer talked about how her boyfriend Jeremy had his best friend, Libby, fly in from California to visit him. [Supposedly] Libby was nothing but rude to this girl. As she tried to make friends with her man's "bf", Libby only ignored and glared at her. They all went out together that night, where a little too much drinking led to Libby asking Jeremy questions (right in front of her) like, "if you were single right now, who would you flirt with?" and "why are you dating her?" My heart broke for this girl. The article ended with the author explaining that while they were driving home that night, Jeremy looked to the backseat at Libby and happily yelled, "I LOVE YOUUUU!!" Jeremy didn't mean that he was in love with Libby, nor did he mean that he wasn't not in love with his girlfriend, but men... some advice... if you have a girlfriend, be careful who your "best friends" are. A woman's heart can be torn apart if she feels that you care more about a girl who's a friend, then her, even if you don't. Simply by just having a best friend that is a girl, this can leave your girlfriend feeling second best and not worthy. So again, be careful. Know your girlfriend and know her heart...

Have you ever felt you've been pulled back into junior high? Besides the fact that I'll be hanging out with 8th graders every day, all day for 4 months come January, this past week I feel I've nose dived right back into middle school. I strongly believe that some people get so incredibly bored with their lives that they feel the need to create drama simply for their own entertainment and "excitement." I've been able to stay on the outskirts of it all, but MAN... just watching some of this stuff I find myself quite exhausted.

I finished my last class as an undergraduate student yesterday. It's weird. No more Drake college classes for me... ever.

Tonight, Epicenter will be having its last service of 2006. I highly recommend that you all come out. My good friend, and roommate, the beautiful Stephanie Bennett, will be speaking on meeting GOD face to face. And I do believe that He is going to meet with us tomorrow night. He's ready to show up... so come and have your face rocked!

This weekend I'll be flying to Florida to witness and be a part of one of my best friends wedding. I'm so excited... originally her wedding was only going to be family, but about a month ago I got a phone call from her where she told me that she really wanted me there. I've only met her fiancee once, but from seeing them together and hearing the way she talks about him, I couldn't have picked out a more perfect man for her. They are both passionately in love with GOD, He is the center of their relationship, and they want people to walk into their home knowing that the LORD is present. I'm honored to witness [and be apart of] a ceremony for such a pure and GOD-driven couple.

After my quick trip to Florida, I'll be back in Des Moines for a few days... finishing up moving, a nice [early] Christmas dinner with the boy, and turning in the last of my finals... I'll then be headed to one of my favorite places in the world; Colorado. My family and I are spending Christmas at our house in Palisade, Colorado. It's so freaking beautiful there. Middle of the flat top mountains in vineyard country. Amazing. Plus... I'm only about an hour from some of my favorite ski resorts. I can't wait to get back on my board. I'm in withdrawal... 9 months without snowboarding is WAY too long.

OneThing is coming up, and I'm stoked. I've never been before, but I've heard nothing but great things about it. GOD, I know, is going to show up in ways I've never seen before and I'm ready. I'm expecting my GOD to do huge things. And I know He wants to do big things. So if you have December 28 - January 1 free, sign yourself up, head down to Kansas City, and experience GOD in crazy ways.

See that dog at the top of the page? Yeah... I want to own a dog like that one day. I think I'd rather have one that's black, but point being, I just want that kind of dog. They're huge... and it looks like a bear. I love that dog.

And lastly, if anyone wants to get me a Christmas present and is stuck, let me help you out a little... I hear the Burton Feelgood ES 151 board is incredible. I mean it is, "hands down, the highest women's performance snowboard on earth [ever]."

Well there you have it folks... a little randomness before Christmas.

No comments: