Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Baby Names

So a friend of mine and I were talking about how many kids we each want to have and what names we really like... Since I want boys (along with one girl), I expressed my love for a few male Biblical names: Caleb, Elijah, and Noah.

"But I don't know if I could be that lady who names all her kids after people in the Bible... I'd turn into the mom from 7th Heaven... Matthew, Mary, Lucy... Lucifer?, Simon, Ruth, David, and Samuel. I don't know..."

My friend then went on to tell me about a family she taught swimming lessons to for 2 years. They had four boys, and I kid you not, their names were Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.

C'mon.

So what were they going to do if they had a fifth child? Name him Acts? What if they had a girl? Still name her Acts?

So I got this great idea... I'm just going to become one of "those mom's", but I won't use any of the common Biblical names like James or Peter. If you're gonna be "that lady" you might as well just go all out...

Habakkuk perhaps? Haggai? Jehoiachin? Or one of my favorite, Xerxes?

Philemon is a great possibility as well.

Oh Christians. They make me laugh.

Side note: I just found out that my name means "to protect". Good stuff. What does your name mean?

No comments: