Friday, June 09, 2006

It's been a while...

Why hello out there!... not really sure if anyone [still] reads this, but I felt it was time to make a reappearance on the good ol' blog. It's been a while, as this summer has brought a lot of new/exciting/crazy/busy things.

I've pretty much been spending every weekend since the beginning of May back home in Chicago. Yet now I'm back to DSM for the rest of the summer, or at least until the end of the month when I head back over to the Windy City, which by the way, Chicago is actually called the Windy City because of the amount of people that flow in and out. Yes it is actually windy there, but that's not the main reason it was labeled "The Windy City." Just a little insight for ya.

Work, classes, volunteering, and a new... friend?... has been taking up all the time that I haven't been in Chicago. I'm only working 24 hours a week, but I'm already sick of it. I miss summer's without work... though I know I need to bring in some income. Classes just started and it's reminded me how much I truly hate school. Or at least hate taking classes that will do nothing for me. I've also started volunteering more with a ministry called Freedom for Youth. This ministry is doing HUGE things in the city and my heart speeds up with excitement thinking about what else GOD is going to be doing. Manual labor for F.F.Y. will begin and I couldn't be more stoked! And my new friend... it came out of no where, totally random, but it's been good. He's a great guy. But, I'll just leave it at that for now. More later as/if things develop.

GOD has been quiet with me lately. It's hard not to associate HIM as a feeling sometimes. I am well aware that my Father has not left me stranded, but instead HE's silenced Himself around me. Though I don't know exactly what, HE's definitely up to something...

I hope to have more time this summer to update this thing with exciting happenings and [hopefully] insightful thoughts, but with more traveling, weddings, more school, etc. I can't promise anything... I always thought summer would bring me more free time, but boy was I wrong...

I pray that your heart is gladdened today. That the Joy of the LORD would rise up within your body and you find yourself doing nothing but singing praises to HIM.

No comments: