Tuesday, February 14, 2006

♥ Valentines Day ♥

This afternoon I met up with a friend and her new baby boy. He, might I add, is honestly one of the cutest and most beautiful babies I have ever seen... I couldn't stop looking at him. I found myself captivated by his baby blue eyes and his chubby cheeks. All I could think about was how beautiful he was and that our God knit him together.

I wasn't the only one whose eyes were drawn to him.

Her and I got together to specifically talk about how I should go about getting involved with ministry, rather than continuing down the path of becoming a teacher. She told me her story about how she began a journey of becoming a teacher, but then suddenly found herself running towards ministry... she gave me advice on places I could look at working or volunteering this summer that may help give me a better idea of what the Lord is calling me to... she listened as I poured out my desire to serve God in whatever I did... she prayed for me...

And amongst as this I couldn't help but notice one thing...

she would not stop looking and touching her little baby boy.

If I'm ever in deep conversation with someone and I don't feel that I'm getting their full attention, I'll find myself somewhat flustered; they obviously must not care enough about our conversation to zone in 100%.

But... with her, not once did a feeling of "annoyance" or "anger" enter my mind... only joy and excitement.

I knew she was listening. I knew she was fully focused on our conversation. And I knew that every topic we covered set afire a small piece of her heart. But just as I was in awe of her little boy, she too [even moreso] remained fixed on him.


God showed me Himself today in her... and He showed me myself in baby J. He gave me a picture of the way that He cares for [us] His children. He reminded me that He is always touching and checking up on His kids, after every sound or movement they (we) make, because of how captivated He is by our beauty. And yet, we always have His full attention. Even when He's reaching His hand down to wipe away the tears of another, His attention and His desire to hear your cry remains.

How could I get annoyed with my friend when all she was doing was protecting and making sure that her baby was okay... when all she was doing was being like the Father.

Towards the end of our time together, she asked the question of the day (which take me back a year ago I would've burst into tears from sadness)...

"You have any plans with a special guy tonight?"

Surprisingly I found myself with a huge smile across my face, replying with a cheerful "no... no plans. I'm single and I can honestly say that I'm okay with it..."

She smiled at me, then turned her head towards her little bundle of joy and kissed him. It was breath taking... that's exactly what He was doing to me.

Best Valentines Day ever...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thats really cool. i love it when GOD gives us visuals of HIS love for us. it really changes our view on things.

thank you for sharing jaK.