Thursday, November 17, 2005

rock on

last night i went to the david crowder/shane & shane concert with a friend of mine. we arrived a bit early being some of the first people in line. as we waited, my friend and i got to talking to this older women (maybe in her late 70's) who was there with one of her sons. she shared with us her love for crowders music, then going on to list other worship leaders she absolutely adored...

i love tim hughes... and that chris tomlin! oh he's so good! i love casting crowns, they were one of my favorite. and mercy me is good... but that tim hughes and chris tomlin! they are just fabulous... i just love chris tomlin's song "how great is out God"! i could listen to that song over and over again.

listening to a woman of her age display her love for these singers was beautiful. it's not very often you meet elderly people in the church that enjoy the "harder" kind of worship music.

when i first heard a church playing this loud music, i couldn't believe it and said, "this isn't church!" and then i saw people dancing... i just walked out. but God has shown me that their music is the same exact worship music as any hymn i would ever sing, just a different style. and the dancing... He tells us to dance, so i just need to get used to that and do it!

it was beautiful.

i then met 4 guys who drove down from minnesota just to see the show. they had even made shirts that said "we drove 240 miles just to see david." talking with them i could see their love for the Lord. their eyes glistened and shined brightly. they didn't even need to mention much about God; i could just see it in them.

when the doors open, my friend and i joined them in the front center of the hall. their excitement was undescribable. they could not wait until crowder came out and caught a glimpse of their shirts... and in fact he did. david looked down at the 4 of them laughing and thanking them for their faithfulness to his band. one of the guys, matt, turned to me, looking like a little kid in a candy store and said, "can you believe that?! david just asked me what my name was!"

besides the blessing of being with hundred of believers and getting to worship the Lord, i was also blessed with the conversations i had with the different people that i met. this concert reminded me of being at passion '05, yet a ton smaller (sidenote: go to passion '06 if you can -
passion.06).

oh and i think crowder is ten times cooler simply because he plays the keytar. (i posted my photo's from the concert, feel free to check 'em out).

and He's set me on fire, i am burning alive
with His breath in my lungs, i am coming undone
and He's set me on fire, i am burning alive
with His breath in my lungs, i am coming undone.
and i cannot hold it in and remain composed
loves taking over me and so i propose,
in letting myself go
i am letting myself go...
You are my joy, You are my joy, You are my joy, You are my JOY!
You are my joy, You are my joy, You are my joy, You are my JOY!

No comments: