Tuesday, August 23, 2005

not just colors

i bought a framed poster of this painting today... phenomenal.

i used to be really involved with art before college and i loved it. one of my best friend's mom's even opened up an art gallery for high school students my senior year and a few of my pieces were actually up for sale in it. sadly, the gallery didn't do as well as we all had hoped and it had to be shut down after about a year. shame.

i loved to sketch people, but there was always something about painting that caught my attention. i was always told what i needed to paint, what was missing, what wasn't good enough... which i was fine with... but... it was all that i knew. when i got to college, i discovered a few things... i discovered i never really got to create what i wanted to paint. i never got to express anything of my own with the brush i held in my hand. the canvas i painted on was only part mine.

my paintings all consisted of scenery... pretty, but not moving. not from deep within...

i finally began to discover how to create something of my own... i let Him guide me. i felt this was the first time i actually began to paint and express my thoughts and my desires.

now my paintings speak to me... now my creations mean something. people may look at my work, or this specific piece i purchased today, and not understand the meaning... and all i can really say is, i'm sorry. this type of work is not just colors poured onto a canvas, and it's certainly not just random shapes. every single inch of this work, and my own, is specifically and carefully planned out; it's there for a reason. the red has a meaning... the white... the blue... the boxish shape... it means something.


these pieces reveal to me the Truth... Power... the Father. abstract pieces show me His face. never has art work hit my heart so hard, until my eyes caught a glimpse of the beauty in these... abstract... masterpieces.

He is man fully alive in this painting...

glorious.

No comments: