Monday, August 22, 2005

driving


back in high school i used to go driving a lot. mostly at night. i'd find myself not being able to sleep so i would leave my house, jump in my car, and just drive. i didn't have an agenda or a destination... i would just drive wherever i felt led. these driving times were times when my stereo was switched to off (the only time that ever happens) and i'd focus completely in on my Father.

there's something about driving by myself at night that helps me connect with Yeshua on levels i don't experience throughout my day. the night allows me to see a beauty that i can't see or experience when it's light out.

because i don't have a plan, my mind is solely fixed on Him... nothing or no one stands in the way. it's a time where i can't help but pour out my thoughts. pour out my feelings. pour out my tears. our out my whole soul. it's the time that i hand my heart over to Him... i love it.

i haven't gone out for a drive in a while, mainly because of gas prices these days, but tonight i was due. i'll be honest... tonight wasn't one of the best nights i've ever had... i couldn't help but get in my car and just go. this was probably only my 3rd time doing my spur of the moment driving in the 2 years that i've been here in des moines...

wow.

tonight i was in awe. call my crazy, but i found des moines absolutely beautiful tonight. i couldn't get over it... it was gorgeous.

i've never really considered des moines a beautiful place. i find my hometown beautiful... i find the mountains of colorado beautiful... i find brazil beautiful... i find romania... absolutely beautiful... but des moines? nope... not usually. so tonight it was obvious to me that He was doing nothing but showing me a glimpse of Himself throughout the city.

captivating... breathtaking... astonishing...

and that awesome thing is... i don't even care about going out and "wasting" gas tonight.

so worth it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful girly :)

Anonymous said...

is that photo from des moines? if so where?