Saturday, April 18, 2009

brilliant.

I took this picture at the last MuteMath concert I went to. If you know me, you probably know at least three things regarding myself and music:

One, I personally am not musically talented. Two, I'm a die-hard 'NSYNC and Justin Timberlake fan. And three, I think MuteMath is absolutely brilliant.

Witnessing MuteMath perform is an experience I can only attempt to describe. From the moment they walk on stage, to the moment they disappear backstage, can leave one standing in complete disbelief. The lights, the sounds, the movements, the voices, the Truth, the Beauty that is displayed throughout their each of their shows is astounding.

I've been able to experience [not watch] four of their shows, and one evening actually ended sitting at Denny's having a discussion with Paul Meany about his dislike for Nickelback (quite amusing). Nice guys. Down to earth, real, funny, and just like on stage, filled with Joy and Truth.

Tonight my sister sent me a website which features Paul, Greg, and Darren (sadly no Roy) on a worship CD leading some incredible songs. I found myself near tears. Simply because of how stunning and beautiful their sound is; I knew it would be, it always is, but it's refreshing to actually hear that same brilliance over and over and over again.

These guys are for real.

I must say, these four men have a gift. And what's even greater, is that they know it. How awesome is that?! They recognized God, recognized the gift He's blessed them with, and then scream it out wherever they go. "Christian" music or not, who cares. What matters is that they have identified their Savior, devoted their lives to sharing that Love, and then tell about who He is during every moment on and off stage.

If you haven't seen 'em, head to youtube and check out some of their stuff. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

No comments: