Tuesday, June 12, 2007

ravish.

He has ravished my heart with His Word.

Day in and day out my eyes are fixed upon the Words of my Father. I have never felt so eager to jump into His Book and discover new depths of His heart.

As my eyes go from left to right over each word, the verses have become alive... real... they have become flesh. I am able to see deep inside of the Lord's heart; Truth is being revealed.

He has ravished my heart with His Word.

I am hungry for more... I am thirsty to understand, fully. I want to grasp what He was speaking then, what He is speaking now, and what He has for the future. My desire is Jesus; to know Jesus. I search night and day for revelation... for His power... for Love. To know God is my hearts desire.

Yes, He has ravished my heart with His Word.

To know that I have been unfaithful to the One who cannot be unfaithful, breaks my heart. I cannot live a life without Him as my center - the center of my thoughts, actions, and words.

As I studied to preach on Hezekiah and Hannah these past couple of weeks, I was reminded of what it means to believe and trust in the Almighty. I want to stand my ground when the world is against me... and I want to pray with complete sincerity. I want streams to flow from my eyes as I meditate on His Holiness. I want to fall to my knees as I bring Him praise. I want to stand amazed as I think about His Grace. I want to be confident that I hear the words that He is [constantly] speaking.

I want my heart to break.
I want to find myself broken at His feet.

For He has ravished my heart.
Yes, He has ravished my heart.
You O Lord, have ravished my heart.
My God the King... You have captured a broken heart.

No comments: