Monday, May 21, 2007

who Am I?

And here I am; getting settled in my new home in Wichita, Kansas. I admit it's weird, but I cannot express how right it feels to be here. It's exciting to finally step into the place that I've been preparing for, and to see the place that God has been preparing for me.

As I drove down here a couple of days ago, the Lord said, "Jackie, who Am I?" What? God, what do you mean, 'who Am I?' "No Jackie, WHO AM I?"

I didn't get what He meant the first time He asked, but after my questioning of what He meant, He became more firm.

"WHO AM I?"

Oh, now I get it...

You are my God... the One who takes care of me... the One who stands next to me and walks with me daily... the One who loves me even when I'm being a complete moron... the One who says I'm beautiful and worthy of Love... the One who has called me to be apart of His Kingdom... the One who has freed me from death... You are my God. Creator. Savior. Father. You are my God. My... God.

I will not fear what lies a head of me. I will not fear living in a place that is unfamiliar. I will not fear... I will not fear...

"Leaving the familiar is terrifying, but entering the unknown is Glorious."

I am being taken care of. There is nothing in me that says I haven't been called here. I trust and believe that my Lord would never lead me to a place that would not glorify Him, or a place that would completely destroy me. Of course, I must keep my eyes fixed upon Him in order to fully walk in His presence, but my being here is intended for Him to receive all praise and to enlarge His Kingdom.

"Who Am I?"

I like that God asked me that. I like that He challenged me to think beyond my earthly understanding of Him. I like that He reminded me of how I have nothing to fear because I am a daughter of God. And I like that I was reminded of the battle we must fight every day.

Children, who Am I? I ask you again... WHO AM I?

1 comment:

Brigid said...

this summer:

i am staying in iowa city, but i will be back in LF for stints. in june i'll be home the 15-29 and then in august, the first until i leave for france later in august.

how about you missy?