Thursday, October 06, 2005

banter from the brain


my mom and dad are coming to visit me this weekend. i'm excited. i think i hear express calling my name while they're here...

i got a message that my dad had to go to the ER tonight. i don't really know what's up, but say a quick prayer if you could. he has more tests tomorrow. (*tests went okay*)

tonight i drove past a dunk tank sitting on the side of the road... i wanted to pull over and take it. wouldn't it be fun to have a dunk tank? i think so.

i feel the most free i have ever felt... ever. no lie. God's up to something in my life and it's more amazing then i could ever put into words. i've given Him back control, and i'm finally allowing Him to work in the huge ways He's meant to and wants to. and let me tell ya... He's rocking my face off.

i decided that i want to take a 50 months off from work/school (a little over 4 years), drive around in a van (probably like the one above), spend 1 month in each state (though i'd have to fly over to hawaii...), meet tons of people, and just be a messenger for Christ. i think that would rock. any takers?

i got out all my sweaters this afternoon and i'm stoked to wear them. the weather is getting colder and it's looking more like fall. i love it.

i read through 1 john after immersion tonight. highly recommend it.

while working in a 6th grade classroom this morning, a boy came over to where i was sitting to turn on the radio before class. he smiled at me and then cranked up the volume to a christian station. he sat on a stool in front of the radio and began singing along. i wanted to just start talking to Him about Jesus, but had to stop myself. not allowed in schools. i'd quickly get the boot.

peanut m&m's are fabulous. i'm eating some right now. go get yourself a bag and join me in this magical experience.

i just shared the gospel with a friend... pray. she believes in God but doesn't think everything in the bible actually happened and struggles with believing Jesus is the only way to the Father. again, pray.

there were bouncy castles all over drake campus today for homecoming. reminded me of being 5 years old. beauteous.

i'm rediscovering how to worship. and He's even showing me new ways to worship.

it's late and i have to get up for work tomorrow. must be rested in order to carry all those files for all my lawyer friends. ps - friday is the busiest day of the week and i work all day all alone... it's exhasting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will pray for your friend, but I will not pray that they find the truth through Christ Church. I will pray that your friend finds the beliefs that will lead him/her to a happy, moral, fulfilled life regardless of what religion that is through. I think we all should pray for this in everyone.

Jackie said...

anonymous: no where did i say through christ church, so i don't know where that came from. (and i'm sorry you have something against my church at home). just know c that i love you and we'll talk later.

Tory Jane said...

j.cav -

I'll be a taker on the van around the states thing! Seriously... I've always wanted to visit every state (and Sufjan Stevens has recently resparked that dream of mine) and it'd be awesome to meet people from all over.

Will pray for you friend... Those conversations are so great, even if they don't alway go where you hope.

Rediscovering how to worship... That's awesome. I'd be interested in hearing your discoveries (if you feel so inclined to share).

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I love randomeness.